At HealthEC, LLC ("HealthEC," the "Company," "We" or "us"), we take your privacy seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. This commitment begins with helping you understand our privacy practices.
Last modified: March 18, 2021 Effective Date: March 19, 2021View Previous Policy
This Policy covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store personal information you provide to us on and through healthec.com and its related domains and subdomains, and apply to HealthEC's or its affiliates' and subsidiaries' websites (together, the "Website").
This policy does not, however, apply to our collection, use, disclosure, storage, and transfer of personal information via the HealthEC® technology platform and its associated modules and services; those are governed by other HealthEC policies, agreements, and applicable laws. This Policy also does not apply to the practices of companies that we do not own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ or manage. By visiting or using the Website in any manner, you acknowledge that you accept the practices and policies outlined in this Policy, and you hereby consent to our collection, use, and sharing of your information as described herein.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Links to Other Websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites of interest or relevance. Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection or privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. By using the Website, you agree that we will not be liable or responsible for any damage or loss caused by your use of, or reliance on, any such third-party website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further information or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Click here for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which internal pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our Website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better user experience by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To third party vendors and service providers to facilitate our communication with you, provide analytics of this data, and support our business operations. Service providers that are provided access to this data contractually agree to (a) appropriate security and privacy safeguards when accessing or storing the data we collect and (b) to use the data only for the specific purpose of performing the services.
- To a successor in the event of a corporate transaction in which we acquire, are acquired by, or merge with another company or sell, liquidate, or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, or to service providers, advisors, potential transactional partners, or other third parties in connection with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of such transactions.
- To improve our products and services.
- To periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may send e-mail communications, electronic newsletters and other marketing communications to you on a periodic basis regarding relevant topics such as website updates, product updates, and general healthcare or population health information.
- From time to time, to tailor content ad campaigns to your interests and contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customize the Website according to your interests
- If you applied for a career opportunity, we may communicate with you for the purpose of providing you with information about career opportunities at HealthEC, to process applications for employment, to assist with the interview experience and to supplement the employment onboarding process
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, or for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of HealthEC, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Marketing Communications. We may send electronic newsletters and other marketing communications on a periodic basis to various individuals and organizations. We may also send email communications regarding relevant topics such as website updates, product updates, and general healthcare or population health information. In such cases, we offer consent mechanisms such as opt-out for such communications. Be aware that opt-outs may not apply to certain administrative communications such as website updates and customer communications.
- Third Party Collection. We do not control third parties' collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
If you are a resident of the State of California, please review this notice carefully as it contains important information regarding your rights under California law.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We further protect your information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Website, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.