To ensure the availability and consistent performance of the company's applications, and to support and maintain MS SQL Server instances and databases. The successful candidate will be responsible for the production SQL Server stand-alone setup, ensuring its operational readiness (security, health and performance), executing data loads, and performing data modelling in support of multiple teams.
- Support the production on SQL 2012/2016.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot SQL on Windows Servers.
- Mirror and log shipping.
- Execute backup/recovery procedures.
- Respond to all SQL Server related incidents.
- Create and maintain database instances and performance fine tuning.
- Provide database support to IT Services.
- Ensure 100% SLA compliance.
- Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Drive initiatives to improve SLAs by analysis and Responses.
- Drive all P1, P2, incidents, change requests.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability and security.
- Solid technical skills with real-time handling experience of Production systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- 2 - 3 years of MS SQL Server Administration experience required.
- Ability to support SQL servers from 2012 and 2016 versions.
- Knowledge on Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models.
- Experience with Audit reviews and Security remediation.
- Knowledge of High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible approach, a good team player, “get-it-done” personality.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Knowledge on Analysis Services, Integration Services and Reporting Services.
- Flexible to work in shift operations.
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications is a plus.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the Technical Compliance Manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, with a possible shift through 8:30 pm based on coverage, unless otherwise noted on our holiday schedule.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of experience working with computer networks and system maintenance
- 2+ years of experience on current network operating system
- Understanding of IT principles and an ability to communicate technical concepts effectively to a varied audience
Visit Us At
NAACOS Fall 2019 Conference
Marriott Wardman Park | Table #9
HealthEC is helping ACOs pave the way to long-term prosperity, find out how we further assist your organization.
To meet the changing landscape of health care, ACO leaders need to address population health challenges head on. Check out our whitepaper on 5 population health management challenges facing ACOs.