IT Support Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for providing onsite support for our corporate headquarters (located in Edison, New Jersey), as well as remote staff across the country.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks.
- Build and configure new hardware.
- Install and update software.
- Repair personal laptop and desktop computers.
- Organize computers and servers to keep them operational.
- Create and maintain computer networks by running diagnostic programs which enable HealthEC to resolve computer problems.
- Gather data in order to assess the needs of the customer and use data to assess network requirements.
- Provide server and telecommunications repair, system administration, data recovery, and programming.
- Repair problems such as incorrect settings, viruses, spyware, hardware or entire operating system replacement.
Hardware: Responsibilities include primary support for all desktop and laptop hardware, network connectivity (both LAN and WIFI), and telephone support (office and cellular).
Applications: Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive, Skype), VPN remote access
- Both written and oral communication proficiency
- Ethical conduct
- Time management
- Team player
- Professional image
- Computer literacy with the ability to use all Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage stress effectively in high-pressure situations
This position has no supervisory responsibilities and reports to the Technical Compliance Manager.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is also required to occasionally lift up to 40 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5 pm unless otherwise noted on our holiday schedule.
No travel is expected for this position.